Sunday, November 17, 2013

Social?

This weekend was a big weekend for me.
As some of you may know, I have an extreme social anxiety that has resulted in my refusal to attend most social events and a tendency to lock myself in my room for days at a time.
BUT THIS WEEKEND THAT ALL CHANGED.
(Temporarily of course. I plan on going back to my hermit ways by Monday.)

So, on Friday night I went to the UNO Mavericks hockey game. We won! We beat the Michigan Wolverines who are number two in the country! But then we played them again on Saturday and lost, but only by one point and nevermind that anyway. After the hockey game we went to Applebees and were there till one a.m. (I didn't even know Applebees was open that late.) Then on Saturday I went to a soccer game, then ice skating, then the second hockey game. (Incidentally I was the only person in our ice skating group not to fall down AT ALL. I AM SO AWESOME. Years of rollerblading as a child has finally paid off.) After the hockey game we came back to the dorm and watched High School Musical 2. I've always thought that was the worst one, but that was what cousin Carol put in. And I'm am proud to say that I still know EVERY WORD TO EVERY SINGLE SONG. I'VE STILL GOT IT. The boys seemed very impressed that cousin Carol and I had the soundtrack. But anyway, my main point is that I was out in the world socializing with real people for TWELVE STRAIGHT HOURS. THAT IS INSANE FOR ME. Normally I would have at least needed a book break or something BUT I DID IT. This is either a turning point in my social aptitude or I am going to spend the next week refusing to be around anyone for more than twenty minutes because I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF PEOPLE.
I guess we'll just have to find out.

Also, my Green Bay Packers are crashing and burning and my soul hurts.

Over.

3 comments:

  1. SOOOoooo happy to hear your spreading your wings little girl. You are so much fun to hang around with, and depriving the people around you with the pleasure of your company....well, it's a darn shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get'em!! I'm glad to hear your coming out and enjoying the world, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete