Sunday, June 29, 2014

Patriotism

WHAT IS UP EVERYONE?
I've been getting some hate messages all directed at forcing me to post and I'm very sensitive so I'm going to write something if only to MAKE THE ASKING STOP. (cracks knuckles).

Okay, so it's summertime, and I don't have class, and I work a full time office job.
Just a warning, those factors add up to me not having a ton of interesting or exciting stories. I'm sort of lame right now. Like really lame. I sleep A LOT. But I'll try.

FOURTH OF JULY IS IN LESS THAN A WEEK.
I will try as hard as I can to post nearer to the day, because fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. It's the one day a year when I'm guaranteed explosives and homemade lemon ice cream. It's always been a big deal for my family. Dad always buys way more fireworks than we can actually light in one night (so we usually have this random stash of bottle rockets in the garage) and we all put on clothing that we don't mind having burn holes in and start lighting things on fire! My favorite is roman candle wars, in which we just sort of aim roman candles at each other and starting shooting. But we're not allowed to play in the cornfield anymore because a few years ago we lit one of the stalks on fire and the whole thing almost went up. Now we have to play it in open fields, which isn't as much fun because there's no stealth involved. But anyway.

Fourth of July just makes everything feel so American, you know what I mean? Like, we're all wearing our American flag t-shirts, and all of the huge fireworks tents are all over town and people go on trips to see relatives and it's just so AMERICAN.
I bet if they took a pole Fourth of July and the Olympics would tie for the times when Americans feel the most patriotic. We are all just total suckers for explosives and curling.


Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment