Sunday, March 1, 2015

The night from hell, Part 2

PAPER NUMBER 1 IS SUBMITTED.

If this seemed very fast to you, remember that I've been working on this one since 2 this afternoon. That's like 8 hours. And yes, I did take a break to make muffins and stuff when I started to go blind from my computer screen, but still, EIGHT HOURS. It's because the freaking nationalism book was so terrible and difficult to read. I don't anticipate an awesome grade on that one, but there's an extra credit conference thing this weekend that a friend and I are going to go to to make up for our terrible grades on this.

So now I'm on to my American lit paper. This one is a little different in that its a critical analysis over one of the short stories that we've read this semester. The problem is that because it's an English class it's going to be graded much more harshly so I have to put more actual thought into it.

The thing about me when it comes to writing papers is that I'm a truly excellent bullshitter. For real. It's one of the skills I'm most proud of. One time I won a writing contest with a paper I'd written the night before. I wasn't trying to win, I was just trying to get the paper turned in to class on time.
I would rather write papers all day long that do math.

"Blind them with your brilliance or baffle them with your bullshit."

That was my honorary senior quote and it's a motto I live by to this day.

Another surprisingly convenient thing is that I am a total insomniac. I take 50mg of trazadone in order to sleep every night. So as long as I don't take my trazadone, I should hypothetically stay awake indefinitely... Insomnia is a blessing and a curse.

Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment