Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Backdated blog post

BACK-DATED BLOG POST: this happened like a month and a half ago but I'm going to write it as if it happened right now. Here we go.

I had my American Lit midterm today. I'VE BEEN FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT. When I told my friend Kendra at the beginning of the semester that I was taking a class with Guerra the first thing out of her mouth was, STUDY FOR HIS MIDTERMS. So obviously that was going to make things worse in my brain. It was an online midterm which led to the question of where would I take it? Not in the dorm, because I am very distractable. Not in the library for the same reason. So I decided on my parent's house.

HOWEVER WHEN I GOT THERE IT TURNED OUT MY HOUSE WAS AKIN TO A TUBERCULOSIS SANATORIUM. They were all walking zombies passed out on any flat surface, wrapped in blankets, etc. At one point I got up to put a bowl in the dishwasher and my mom yelled, "NO, STOP. QUIT TOUCHING THINGS. JUST FINISH AND LEAVE."
Thanks mom.

So on to the midterm itself:
 We had two hours. It was basically all essays. I actually ran out of time on the last one. IT WAS AWFUL. I took it, packed up, and left.

BECAUSE THIS IS BACKDATED YOU GET TO HEAR THE ENDING.

So I got both my midterm and my two papers back. You remember, the ones that I ripped out in one Sunday night and live blogged through?

I GOT AN A- ON THE AM. LIT. ONE (the one I was most concerned abut because I did it between the hours of 11pm and 2am and it's an English class which mean they grade a bit more harshly.)

I GOT A 50/50 ON THE WORLD CIV ONE. (he said I demonstrated 'a clear understand of the text'. I seriously had no idea what that thing was about. I skimmed the book that afternoon. It was the one with the words I didn't understand.)

AND AN A ON THE MIDTERM THAT I DIDN'T QUITE FINISH.

As soon as I saw the grades I called my mom and and was bouncing up and down on Kendra's couch as I told her about it.
So there you have it kids, procrastination does pay.

Over.

1 comment:

  1. So your story has a happy ending and a great piece of advice. Neat! I've been thinking...if I start smoking, maybe I'll lose enough weight to finally run a marathon? Then I could tell people a smoking is a great way to prepare for running 26+ miles!

    Great job on the classes - college will be over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete