Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Childhood Episode 2

OKAY.

I have so much homework tonight. I shouldn't be posting. I've been avoiding 'Death of a Salesman' all week, and the quiz is tomorrow. This is pretty usual for me. We had ALL SUMMER to read Frankenstein, and I read it the night before the test. Took me two hours. I got a 104%. That's right. I rocked it. I'm hoping that this will be no different.

OH. I have a story for you.

Episode 2 of Nicole's Childhood:

So today my mom and I were driving home from a doctor's appointment and we were talking about the time I was hospitalized after kindergarten. I had this infection in my bone and I was in the Kearney hospital for like a week. I remember the night I was checked in. I was 6, I think, so my dad was carrying me while my mom checked me in. I threw up on him in the waiting room.
Now, you have to understand. My father is HORRIFIED by vomit. Mom has always been the one to clean up after us. He even hates his own vomit. And I emptied my stomach directly on him. It's a traumatic memory for him. I also remember this other thing. They had me hooked up to several machines. A pick line and an i.v. and stuff. I had to drag them with me whenever I had to go to the bathroom. Usually my mom was there to help me. But there was one day when she wasn't there and I REALLY HAD TO GO, so I unhooked everything and dragged them with me one at a time. It took like, 10 minutes. Then, I got to the bathroom and realized.... they had unhooked me from everything the day before. I was a very pissed 6 year old. I got A LOT of presents that week. Enough coloring books to last years. Balloons, candy. My mom said that after I got out and we had carted it all out she asked me if it was worth it. (the emotional trauma in exchange for the gifts.) Apparently I said yes. I was also a rather selfish 6 year old. Although, I'm not really sure that has changed in 12 years.


OH MY GOSH. THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT ARTHUR MILLER (playwrite) ON PLL (yes, I'm still watching. Season 2, episode 16) AND DEATH OF A SALESMAN WAS WRITTEN BY ARTHUR MILLER.
Not that exciting. But still. I enjoy it. Ignore my weird.

Well..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I should probably actually start my homework ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................EXPLETIVE. MULTIPLE EXPLETIVES.


Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment