Sunday, May 19, 2013

A MEDIOCRE GRADUATE.

I AM OFFICIALLY A GRADUATE.
A MEDIOCRE HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE.
AN ALUMNUS OF BLAIR HIGH SCHOOL. (Is that the right word? Alumnus? I'm pretty sure alumni is the plural...)

I didn't trip. I didn't pass out. I didn't vomit. My hat didn't fall off. I didn't totally mess up the senior song. (I played the piano.) And I remembered to shake the principal's hand with my right hand!

I'm not really sure what to do with the diploma. It's a piece of paper in a little black book. And it doesn't really do me any good because the college needs a transcript from my school and you don't use it for anything except to display or whatever and where am I supposed to display my high school diploma? I'm pretty sure that's like social suicide in college. As is wearing your letter jacket, and any other memorabilia that shows how stuck in the past you are. Or so I've been told.

My dad gave me a Cinderella princess pack as a graduation present. It has a jump rope, sidewalk chalk, crayons, an activity book (with 18 activities!), a water bottle, and a 24-piece puzzle. I really don't know what to make of it.

Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment